New, Exclusive: DOPE Music Blog Artist Spolight: AWKWORD
I was first introduced to New York City up and comer Awkword from his Harry Fraud produced hit Bars and Hooks which features Sean Price, The Kid Daytona and The Incomparable Shakespeare. His underground style instantly caught my attention, after listening to a few more of his tracks I was drawn to his conscious lyrics and the message that was present in a majority of his songs. I decided I wanted to get all the visitors of the site more familiar with Awkword not only as an artist but as a person.
- Introduce yourself to the Dope Music Blog viewers.
- I was very much a fan of Bars & Hooks which featured Sean Price, The Kid Daytona and production by Harry Fraud. How did this collaboration come together?
- I respect your design to donate 100% of the profits from the project to the World View Charity Aim To Live which is dedicated to eradicating street violence. What made you decide to do this?
- What is your favorite track off your upcoming project World View?
- Who are some of your current influences?
- Name a couple of artists that you would enjoy working with in the future.
- Tell us a little about “Doh” the exclusive you sent over for my upcoming compilation tape.
For AWKWORD’s responses (the full conversation), click HERE.
“NYC has really stepped up these past couple years [with] the emergence of dope artists/producers such as A$AP Rocky (& his Mob), Action Bronson, Maffew Ragazino, Harry Fraud, AWKWORD, Mr. Muthafuckin eXquire, OnCue, T. Shirt, Vinny Cha$e…” — DOPE Music Blog, April 2012